Two main reasons owing to which India has become a global hub for cancer care is the much lower cost of cancer treatment in India when compared to other countries and the highly experienced doctors.
Cancer is a dreadful disease and once diagnosed with cancer, patients feel that they have a limited life ahead. However, this is not the case with all types of cancers, many of which if diagnosed early can be treated to near curability.
India has started attracting such critical cancer patients too because of the state of the art infrastructure that is available for treating cancer is at par with countries like US and UK. Few of the best cancer hospitals in India are counted among the best cancer hospitals in the world.
And the best thing is that these hospitals in India provide cancer surgery at an economical rate. Best treatment with latest techniques and most advanced technology is available in India to treat the patients as per international healthcare guidelines.
India is now known all over the world for providing high-quality medical services at few of the best cancer hospitals in India that excel in all aspects of treating cancer.
Facilities provided by the Best cancer hospitals in India
- Top hospitals in India make sure that outpatient appointments are always available on all working days. It is a norm that 2 to 4 oncologists are always available, and at the same time, completely trained para-medical staff consisting of chemotherapy nurses are present under the guidance of oncologists.
- Triple Energy Linear Accelerators with VMAT technology for IMRT, IGRT, SRS /SRT, SBRT and Respiratory Gated Radiotherapy are available at these hospitals.
- They have World’s Best Radiotherapy Treatment Planning Systems at their disposal.
- Microselectron Digital (HDR-V3) Brachytherapy afterloader For Precise And Targeted Cancer Treatment. High dose rate Brachytherapy provides Interstitial Brachytherapy for soft tissue sarcomas and head and neck cancers and surface mould treatment is available for special cases.
- Technology like Gamma Knife Radiosurgery, CyberKnife Radiosurgery, Novalis, Rapid Arc Radiotherapy, Proton Beam Radiotherapy which offer the most precise dose and highly targeted treatment is available.
- The hospitals provide Gamma Camera functional imaging services that help in providing different scanning options like that of bone, thyroid gland, kidneys, scintimammography; various other detailed investigations can also be performed using this camera.
- Indian hospitals are equipped with 3.0 Tesla volume MRI which generates 3D images. This MRI facility has two major benefits, namely reducing the acquisition time by half and increasing the comfort and convenience of patients.
- The hospitals are even equipped with Ultrafast LSO Crystal Technology & 16 slice CT Scanner that can generate high-quality 3D images.
- These hospitals have Advanced Colour Doppler Ultrasound Machines with Multiple digital transducers and multifrequency capability.
- 1000 mA high-frequency X-Ray and Computerized Radiography services are also provided by these hospitals.
- These hospitals have dedicated endoscopy suite for endoscopic ultrasound and other advanced endoscopic procedures like ERCP, colonoscopy, Stenting, etc that might be needed to remove deep-seated cancers.
- The hospitals have Bronchoscopy Suite with most modern equipment in a safe and convenient environment.
- These hospitals provide all laboratory services including, cell studies (cytology), tissue study (Histopathology), Frozen Sections, Immunohistochemistry, Cytochemistry, Tumor Markers, Hematology, Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology, Microbiology, and Serology. These laboratories are recognized by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL), suggesting that these reports are highly precise and trustworthy.
- Cardiopulmonary Lab performs ECGs, Holter Monitoring, TMT and Pulmonary Function tests so that patients can be closely monitored, before and during the cancer surgery.
- Highly equipped blood bank which meets all standards and provides all facilities including aphaeresis (withdrawing blood and separating it into plasma and cells), Leukoreduction (removing white blood cells from blood), Red Cell Serology, separating blood components and stem cell harvesting. Also, highly specialized hospitals even have a Blood Irradiator which is the most advanced facility especially used for treating blood in cancer patients
These cancer hospitals have round the clock support services to meet all your needs irrespective of the patient or his attendant. Numerous Indian hospitals have great infrastructure for treating cancer and are equipped with the latest radiotherapy techniques, best surgical facilities that assist in removing tumors and highly advanced cancer chemotherapy and bone marrow transplantation units.
All these units are managed by most qualifies regarded as best oncologists who have extensive experience in treating common cancers like that of breast, lung, and prostate along with brain tumors. Furthermore, they are expert in performing organ conservation cancer treatments wherein the goal of treatment is to preserve the organ while being treated for cancer. It is seen that the cost of cancer treatment in India is around 1/5th to 1/8th of that in the western world.
To be a practicing Cancer Surgeon in India he/she need to possess following qualifications:
MS in General Surgery
MCH in Cancer Surgery
DNB/FRCS/MRCS from International Colleges and Hospitals
- International Fellowship and Training Programs
- Should have Publications and Paper Presentations in Reputed Scientific and Medical Journals
- Extensive Clinical Experience
Best Oncologists in India have great experience in different cancer surgeries with favorable results. They have received training from countries like United States, United Kingdom, and Japan. These oncologists work as a team so that they can share their experiences and provide you the best are. These cancer surgeons are known for providing the international level of healthcare and hospitality to their patients.
To make the entire process of medical tourism easier and safer, we have experts that come to the aid of the patients wishing to undergo cancer treatment in India. We specialize in facilitating the entire process by taking care of all arrangements such as access to clinics, scheduling appointments with the physicians, traveling arrangements, visas, accommodations, and rehabilitation. We ensure that your sightseeing and leisure activities are taken care of so you can enjoy a vacation post surgery while still in India.
Our extensive network of specialists and hospitals ensures we deliver the best cancer care to you at the most affordable prices, and take care of all the planning and coordination. You can be stress-free, while our healthcare managers take care of every need of yours, making your stay extremely comfortable. We have researched thoroughly about hospitals, doctors, services on your behalf and even have the feedback from past clients that will assist you in taking the final decision.
For more information about treatment at best cancer hospitals in India at most affordable prices, write to us at email@example.com or call us at +91 93200-36777 or talk to us at Skype@Indicure